Seventh Asia-Pacific Urban Forum (APUF-7)
15-17 October 2019, Setia SPICE Convention Centre, Penang, Malaysia
Online Registration Now Open
- Online registration is open on the APUF-7 website from now until 30 September 2019. All participants must be registered in order to attend the Forum. First time user of https://meetings.unescap.org must first create an account and then register under the Seventh Asia-Pacific Urban Forum (APUF-7). Participants are highly encouraged to register early to benefit from information updates.
Forum Concept Note, Programme and Website launch
- The official Seventh Asia-Pacific Urban Forum (APUF-7) website, which includes the Forum Concept Note and Programme Outline was launched on 27 May 2019 concurrently on the occasion of the 75th Session of the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific, 27 to 31 May 2019, in Bangkok, Thailand, and the 1st Session of the UN-Habitat Assembly, 27 to 31 May 2019, in Nairobi, Kenya. Session content and speakers for all sessions will be announced on the APUF-7 website by end of August.
- The Penang Platform for Sustainable Urbanization will be launched at the ‘Declare you Actions!’ session at APUF-7 as a multi-stakeholder platform for joint collaboration towards sustainable urbanization in the Asia-Pacific. The platform leverages the comparative strengths of a diverse array of organizations to support local, regional and national governments in implementing sustainable urbanization to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals and the New Urban Agenda. If your organization is interested in learning more about the Penang Platform or contributing your own voluntary commitment to the Forum, please contact [email protected].
- Please also be informed that a limited number of ‘pre- and post-Forum’ events can be organized from 12 to 14 October and 18 October 2019 respectively. Interested organizations may propose, at their own expense, meetings, workshops, trainings, independent events and field visits back-to-back with APUF-7. Please contact [email protected] for further information and if your organization would be interested to submit a Concept Note to organize a pre- or post-Forum event.
- The City Solutions Pavilion (exhibition space) will be held during APUF-7 from 15 to 17 October 2019. Guidelines and details for potential exhibitors will be made available in June 2019.
Submit your Proposal to Organize an Urban Innovation / Side Event Session
- Those organizations wishing to organize Urban Innovation Sessions or side events may also register online in the APUF-7 website. Please carefully follow the ‘Call for Proposal’ guidelines for detailed instructions and criteria to be met. The deadline for submissions is 1 July 2019, after which submissions will be screened by the APUF-7 Steering Committee. The final list of approved side events is expected to become available at the APUF-7 website from 1 September 2019.
- If you would like to become a sponsor and provide financial or in-kind contributions of non-commercial and non-profit nature, you are most welcome to contact us by writing to [email protected].
- Please encourage your contacts and network to subscribe for regular updates in the following web-link www.unescap.org/events/apuf7.
- As the Forum is expected to attract hundreds of participants, registrants are advised to book your hotels at the earliest time possible to guarantee accommodations and to benefit from favourable rates at designated partner hotels.